Pacific Southwest California & Nevada

San Diego XJ's? (or surrounding SoCal)

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 11:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1988
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L Renix
Default San Diego XJ's? (or surrounding SoCal)

Hey there everyone, I'm new to the forum. Recently purchased a 1996 XJ from a second owner (I'm the 3rd). She kept fantastic records and made a list in a binder in order by date with all work orders/receipts in tact. I knew I had to swoop in on this buy when I came across it!

Anyway, I'm looking for a speaker/soundbar for the rear. Like I stated it's a 1996 Cherokee Sport 4x4. Has 170k, all stock minus the k&n drop in Filter, tow package, stereo head unit, and the android decal I have placed on the back.
When the 2nd owner bought it, the XJ had no sound bar in the rear.
Can anyone in the SoCal area help me find one? I've been to 67 Truck Dismantling, as well as the junk yard down off Heritage Road by the border of Mexico. I don't need the speakers, since I can go buy aftermarket ones, but I've got a noticeable empty spot in the rear and want to get it all in there.

Open to other suggestions to, thanks! Ebay didn't have them. Was not sure if the soundbars from Grand Cherokees would fit or not.
I'd also be interested to know if anyone has come up with a subwoofer location that is out of the way, without buying the XJPod subwoofer enclosure. Thanks so much in advance!
Below are pictures of the Jeep, will try to get higher quality next time. I paid $2100 for it but also did the following repairs:
Waterpump replace (bad bearings on the pulley)
Brake Booster Replace
Rear Brakes
Thermostat Gasket Replacement
Serpentine Belt
New Tires x 4 (Cooper AT3's)
Downstream O2 Sensor

I'm not sure what else to add to this post, just wanted to say hello on the forum and ask for assistance in finding a soundbar / audio solutions in the SoCal / San Diego area. If you've got a soundbar for sale within an hour or two, I'll make a road trip out of it, since I really want one for the jeep!

Name:  tumblr_ml6b0yIKCn1qkspkao1_1280.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  108.1 KB
Name:  tumblr_mlbo3mgj2s1qkspkao1_500.jpg
Size:  80.5 KB
Name:  tumblr_mnh50vXdoC1qkspkao1_1280.jpg
Size:  47.8 KB

Last edited by xj1119; 06-08-2013 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Put up images the wrong way, sorry!