Inland Empire jeepers - Page 3 - Jeep Cherokee Forum

Pacific Southwest California & Nevada

Inland Empire jeepers

Old 03-13-2015, 08:43 PM
  #31  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 32
Model: Cherokee
Default

Also from San bernardino! New to site and new to jeeps!
projectxj98 is offline  
Old 08-10-2015, 09:18 AM
  #32  
CF Veteran
 
jay_sco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: IE (SoCal)
Posts: 1,074
Year: 1994 SE
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Riverside folks?

What's up IE peeps. I'm having a hell of a time finding local folks online. I'm in Riverside and see XJs almost daily, some modified and some near stock, nice and muddy. The problem is I always see them on the road going in the opposite direction!
Looking for someone to show me the ropes of wheeling and some spots to hit. Socalxj forum seems to be near dead, and I'm not on FB.
jay_sco is offline  
Old 08-13-2015, 12:09 AM
  #33  
Seasoned Member
 
thebe001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cali
Posts: 334
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 L
Default

Originally Posted by jay_sco View Post
What's up IE peeps. I'm having a hell of a time finding local folks online. I'm in Riverside and see XJs almost daily, some modified and some near stock, nice and muddy. The problem is I always see them on the road going in the opposite direction!
Looking for someone to show me the ropes of wheeling and some spots to hit. Socalxj forum seems to be near dead, and I'm not on FB.

Hay man I am in Manhaten Beach and try to get out a few times a month. What kind of set up do you have? You have some awesome wheeling in your back yard! Cleghorn off hwy 15 and endless trails around big bear. I am heading up to big bear 22-23 August to do some light wheeling with two buddies that are just getting into off-roading. Let me know if you want to tag along, this is an open invite to all LA XJs.

Cleghorn-











Big Bear-













thebe001 is offline  
Old 08-13-2015, 01:08 AM
  #34  
Member
 
ddurgin91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 169
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L HO
Default

I'm in Long Beach, does that count? lol I hit up Azusa and Holy Jim's occasionally, been wanting to do cleghorn but have no one to go with
ddurgin91 is offline  
Old 08-13-2015, 10:13 AM
  #35  
CF Veteran
 
jay_sco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: IE (SoCal)
Posts: 1,074
Year: 1994 SE
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Originally Posted by thebe001 View Post
Hay man I am in Manhaten Beach and try to get out a few times a month. What kind of set up do you have? You have some awesome wheeling in your back yard! Cleghorn off hwy 15 and endless trails around big bear. I am heading up to big bear 22-23 August to do some light wheeling with two buddies that are just getting into off-roading. Let me know if you want to tag along, this is an open invite to all LA XJs.
I've read Cleghorn is pretty popular and see some rigs at the entrance when I head up the pass.Wildomar is also close but looks tamer from the vids I've seen.
I love Big Bear, wasn't even aware that you could wheel up there.
I have 3" of lift and 31" tires, open diffs at both ends, is that suitable?
It's still not totally done, but it's super close, hopefully will be done by that weekend. Still need a spare too, I'm assuming that's mandatory or at least highly recommended.
I'll let you know whether it's ready by then or not. Even if I can't make it out this time I'll be meeting up soon!
jay_sco is offline  
Old 08-15-2015, 12:05 AM
  #36  
Seasoned Member
 
thebe001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cali
Posts: 334
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 L
Default

Originally Posted by ddurgin91 View Post
I'm in Long Beach, does that count? lol I hit up Azusa and Holy Jim's occasionally, been wanting to do cleghorn but have no one to go with
Hit me up man I am always game to head up that direction to do a little offroading. I will be in big bear next weekend off-roading with a small group if your interested in joining.
thebe001 is offline  
Old 08-15-2015, 12:13 AM
  #37  
Seasoned Member
 
thebe001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cali
Posts: 334
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 L
Default

Originally Posted by jay_sco View Post
I've read Cleghorn is pretty popular and see some rigs at the entrance when I head up the pass.Wildomar is also close but looks tamer from the vids I've seen.
I love Big Bear, wasn't even aware that you could wheel up there.
I have 3" of lift and 31" tires, open diffs at both ends, is that suitable?
It's still not totally done, but it's super close, hopefully will be done by that weekend. Still need a spare too, I'm assuming that's mandatory or at least highly recommended.
I'll let you know whether it's ready by then or not. Even if I can't make it out this time I'll be meeting up soon!
With a 3" lift and 31" tires your more than capable. One of the guys going up next week in our group has a stock grand cheroke (pictured above) with m/t tires. A spare tire is always recommended but you would probably be fine without. Cleghorn road its self is just a dirt fire road for the most part it's the off shoot trails that parallel the road that are fun. Big Bear offers the full spectrum of offroading trails from gravel roads to some extremely challenging terain.
thebe001 is offline  
Old 08-18-2015, 01:08 AM
  #38  
Seasoned Member
 
thebe001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cali
Posts: 334
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 L
Default

Calling all XJs, Big Bear off road run this weekend. We plan on running trails around Holcomb Vally on Saturday and Crab Flat trails on Sunday. I am taking a few newbs out so we won't be running anything to crazy.

Last edited by thebe001; 08-18-2015 at 01:10 AM.
thebe001 is offline  
Old 08-19-2015, 02:47 PM
  #39  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Traveling North America
Posts: 130
Year: 1988
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default

Big Bear City here
ButtStripe is offline  
Old 08-19-2015, 09:32 PM
  #40  
Seasoned Member
 
thebe001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cali
Posts: 334
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 L
Default

Originally Posted by ButtStripe View Post
Big Bear City here
We will be in Big Bear Friday night throuh Sunday and will be camping out drinking beer next to Snow Summit in the evenings. I will pm you my cell number hit me up if you want to hit the trails and show us your stomping grounds.
thebe001 is offline  
Old 08-21-2015, 12:20 AM
  #41  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: IE
Posts: 2
Year: 01
Model: Cherokee
Default

Originally Posted by thebe001 View Post
Calling all XJs, Big Bear off road run this weekend. We plan on running trails around Holcomb Vally on Saturday and Crab Flat trails on Sunday. I am taking a few newbs out so we won't be running anything to crazy.
Got room for a tag along? Fairly new to wheeling but I will be up there this weekend with my lady. Been trying to get to an XJ meet up
Tha_blazor is offline  
Old 08-26-2015, 01:07 AM
  #42  
Seasoned Member
 
thebe001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cali
Posts: 334
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 L
Default

Originally Posted by Tha_blazor View Post
Got room for a tag along? Fairly new to wheeling but I will be up there this weekend with my lady. Been trying to get to an XJ meet up
Hay man i absolutly had room for you to ride shotgun. PM me your number and I will let you know when we go out again. I will post some pics softly.
thebe001 is offline  
Old 08-26-2015, 01:12 AM
  #43  
Seasoned Member
 
thebe001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cali
Posts: 334
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 L
Default

Good weekend of wheeling in Big Bear. One tire flat and a tail light were the only casualties.





















thebe001 is offline  
Old 08-26-2015, 02:27 PM
  #44  
Former Sponsor
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Hesperia
Posts: 2,021
Year: 89
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

Ill post up here to make sure Im subbed in the thread.

I parted out the rig in my signature to build a more street friendly one so ill be around more
sandaddik2 is offline  
Old 08-26-2015, 08:18 PM
  #45  
Member
 
ddurgin91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 169
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L HO
Default

I've got extra lenses if you need some thebe XD
ddurgin91 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Inland Empire jeepers


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: