Pacific Northwest Washington, Oregon, Alaska

walker valley trail suggestions for newbie?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1992
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 inline 6cyl W/ UPGRADE BOSH INJECTORS AND BORED THROTLE BODY
Default walker valley trail suggestions for newbie?

ok so I finally got my rig ready to hit some trails so I am planning a trip to walker this Saturday. this is my first time at walker and first time with this xj. 4.5" lift 32"tires aussie locker up front napier flares and swaybar disco's I have a front bumper with D rings and recovery points in the rear I DO NOT HAVE A WINCH!!!! i am looking for suggested trails to test the jeep, nothing real crazy any help would be great, i have the WV map but it doesn't show difficulty of the trails any help will be great
Old 05-29-2015, 06:38 AM

Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0

you should be ok with most of the trails the one that i would avoid if no winch i think is called rons run the rest of the trails i never needed my winch but for a cheap option for just incase you could go pick up a cumalong they are only like 60$ and that and some chain could save your butt. And i dont know if it is still closed but i went there in April and the mainline and expressways were closed.
Old 05-29-2015, 11:00 AM

thanks for the heads up, I figure im just gonna head out and see how it goes
Old 05-31-2015, 11:39 PM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 1987
Engine: 4.0 liter RENIX I-6, DIY Cold Air Intake, 2.5 FM Exhaust, 3 Core Radiator

So how did your trip to Walker Valley, go? The way you describe your Jeep, you should be fine on all trails except Rons Run, Rig Rams and Expressway.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by BuckB91XJ
So how did your trip to Walker Valley, go? The way you describe your Jeep, you should be fine on all trails except Rons Run, Rig Rams and Expressway.

man it was great, the north gate was closed and there was a big group there all going around so I followed suit, I stayed away from all the trails you mentiond as those were the same one others there warned me about, over all it was an awesome trip and I have a whole new respect for my XJ. I see you are in oak harbor too? you should hit me up if you ever want some company wheeling

EDIT: hahahaha I just looked at your xj specs on your page and there is no way I could keep up with you !!!!!

Last edited by MY.92.2DR.PROJECT; 06-05-2015 at 10:20 AM.
Old 06-06-2015, 01:02 AM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 1987
Engine: 4.0 liter RENIX I-6, DIY Cold Air Intake, 2.5 FM Exhaust, 3 Core Radiator

Originally Posted by MY.92.2DR.PROJECT

man it was great, the north gate was closed and there was a big group there all going around so I followed suit, I stayed away from all the trails you mentiond as those were the same one others there warned me about, over all it was an awesome trip and I have a whole new respect for my XJ. I see you are in oak harbor too? you should hit me up if you ever want some company wheeling

EDIT: hahahaha I just looked at your xj specs on your page and there is no way I could keep up with you !!!!!
Bud, I do have my XJ built up pretty good. Its been a long time work in progress. I dont consider it any super jeep and welcome company from anybody who wants to wheel...especially XJ guys on the island. We should stay in touch and go wheel WV together sometime.
Old 10-30-2015, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by BuckB91XJ
Bud, I do have my XJ built up pretty good. Its been a long time work in progress. I dont consider it any super jeep and welcome company from anybody who wants to wheel...especially XJ guys on the island. We should stay in touch and go wheel WV together sometime.
Any cherokee guys going up wheeling walker valley tomorrow?