Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 07:11 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 97
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0
Default Social Responsibility Exercise

As part of one of my classes at TCC, I need to organize a "Social Responsibility Exercise".
I would like to organize a service project with Metro Parks of Tacoma at one of their properties. I am hoping local members of CF would participate in the event which will be held in mid-March. I am not sure how this will play out but I know NAXJA and Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association clubs do this kind of event all of the time, with great results.

If you would be interested in helping out, please PM (Private Message) me your contact information.

Thank you,
Wade
Old 01-25-2012, 09:43 AM
CF Veteran

For my Social Responsibility Project I will be organizing a cleanup day at a DNR campground/ORV park in Tahuya, near Belfair,WA. It is an area that is used by the public and provides many forms of outdoor recreation such as camping, hiking, wild herb harvesting, mountain/dirt biking, and an off road course for four wheel drive vehicles. Due to lack of funding DNR was forced to close many of its free campgrounds and this area has just reopened after being closed for over two years. Im hoping to have a day for the event planned by the end of January and have the project completed by the end of Feburary. Materials needed will include a dumpster, trashbags, gloves, personal safety gear, traffic control equipment (cones/flags), shovels, rakes, axes, and chainsaws.

So far I have recruited the local jeep club for help, along with my friends and family. After the event Im hoping to run trails until dark or so, also, depending on how many people I can recruit I will provide a simple hot lunch like a hot dog bbq.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Wade

Last edited by mudderx; 01-25-2012 at 11:22 AM.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:04 AM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: I6 4.0

I'd love to help!
Old 01-25-2012, 10:22 AM
CF Veteran

Default SRP

That would be GREAT! Im hoping to set Saturday, Feb 25th as the date for the service project. When we get closer to the end of Feb Ill start a sign up thread so I know how many packs of hot dogs/buns etc to get from Costco. Im going to call the guy from the jeep club out there today to set a date, Ill keep you posted.

Last edited by mudderx; 01-25-2012 at 11:35 AM.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:18 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: I6 4.0

Originally Posted by mudderx
That would be GREAT! Im hoping to set Saturday, Feb 25th as the date for the service project. When we get closer to the end of Feb Ill start a sign up thread so I know how many packs of hot dogs/buns etc to get from Costco. Im going to call the guy from the jeep club out there today to set a date, Ill keep you posted.
Please do, and you now have my number again.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:00 PM
CF Veteran

Exclamation Tahuya

Ok guys my SRP will be on Saturday, Feb 25th from 11am-2pm at Tahuya. I will be out there at Camp Spillman around 10am, Ive contacted the Quadrapaws Jeep club to have them guide us as far as projects they need done but havent heard anything back from them so well see how it goes... (their club meeting is tonight), I plan on cleaning up a LOT of beer cans and other random crap Ive seen laying around out there but Im hoping for something a little more exciting like trail repairs.

I would recommend bringing rain gear/boots/gloves as well as a shovel, ax, or other basic hand tools if you have them. I will supply garbage bags and haul out the trash we find. If you have any questions or would like to help out please respond to this thread. We will need Discover Passes so make sure you have one...

Thanks again,
Wade
Old 02-21-2012, 01:53 PM
CF Veteran

Talking Work Party 11a-2pm

For starters I want to thank everyone for their overwhelming commitment to help.
Well not so much...

Alex, thanks for volunteering (hopefully your steerings back together).

I just bought a case of Rockstars and assorted chips for this weekend and I asked the guy at DNR if volunteers needed Discovery passes and he said no, so if your coming out to help, save yourself $13 bucks for a day pass.

I will be out at Camp Spillman which is about 1/2 mile past the Elfendale staging area on the left, follow the bumpy assed dirt road about 1/4 mile to a gate and Spillman is on your right (from Belfair). Ill have my XJ and a Uhaul trailer. Were going to clean up Spillman and then hit the trails "looking for litter" until dark or so.

Thanks again,

Wade