Pacific Northwest Washington, Oregon, Alaska

Old Man Buck's Birthday Wheeling Run...

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 10:19 AM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 1987
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 liter RENIX I-6, DIY Cold Air Intake, 2.5 FM Exhaust, 3 Core Radiator
Default Old Man Buck's Birthday Wheeling Run...

Okay guys so I have a new proposition for anybody who is interested. My wife will be heading to Texas for a week with a friend on Friday, June 20th. Friday, June 20th also happens to be my birthday. So....the weekend of June 21st and 22nd is wide open for me to go wheeling and even campout for the weekend wherever I would like to go, to celebrate my big Four-Six...lol. I'm thinking I would really like that weekend 4wheeling trip to be at Naches whether it be just for the day on Saturday or for the weekend from Friday evening to Sunday again like we did for the Elbe trip. The problem is I don't know my way around Naches at all and I would need somebody or a group of somebodies to come along to show me where the good camping and good wheeling is at Naches. A good alternative would be a Walker Valley Run sometime over that weekend. So let me know what you think about joining me for a run that weekend.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:24 AM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1990
Engine: 4.0 I6

Originally Posted by BuckB91XJ
Okay guys so I have a new proposition for anybody who is interested. My wife will be heading to Texas for a week with a friend on Friday, June 20th. Friday, June 20th also happens to be my birthday. So....the weekend of June 21st and 22nd is wide open for me to go wheeling and even campout for the weekend wherever I would like to go, to celebrate my big Four-Six...lol. I'm thinking I would really like that weekend 4wheeling trip to be at Naches whether it be just for the day on Saturday or for the weekend from Friday evening to Sunday again like we did for the Elbe trip. The problem is I don't know my way around Naches at all and I would need somebody or a group of somebodies to come along to show me where the good camping and good wheeling is at Naches. A good alternative would be a Walker Valley Run sometime over that weekend. So let me know what you think about joining me for a run that weekend.
oooh naches sounds like fun! lets do it! and I'm off that weekend. I could probly do a sat/sun type of trip. hell I could prob even come up late fri night. not sure about the rest of jeep unit ill talk to em. also I need to invite u to our fb page lol
Old 05-14-2014, 10:34 AM
CF Veteran

Engine: 4.0 liter RENIX I-6, DIY Cold Air Intake, 2.5 FM Exhaust, 3 Core Radiator

Awesome Timmy!! You were the first guy I'd hoped I would hear from!! Naches it is!! For my birthday!!
Old 05-14-2014, 04:02 PM
CF Veteran

I can't believe 62 people have looked at this thread and Timmy is the only one who has even made a comment about the Naches run. The rest of you foosl obviously don't know how awesome Naches is. You don't have to commit to doing the run with us. I started the thread to generate conversation as much as to invite people to come wheel with me on my birthday at Naches.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:51 PM

I think I'll be by there around rim rock lake for a family reunion I'm from goldendale... But the jeep needs a few more things I have to install the posi lock.. But I'll have to be around for the family reunion so I don't think I could go would love to meet some guys with xjs
Old 05-14-2014, 08:39 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1988
Engine: 4.o

I'd love to hit Naches... but I'm on vacation that week
Old 05-14-2014, 08:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0L

most likely working, but if I can get people to cover i'd love to go
Old 05-14-2014, 09:01 PM

Year: 1988

Well, I don't know if my little 31's will do much good, but I'll probably be locking it up front / back for MY bday (The 9th) So this might be a possibility. Let me know what you think about my tires, Never been to either (in a vehicle anyways).
Old 05-14-2014, 10:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Engine: 4.0 HO

You know I am down for walker naches is out of my budget at the moment tho!
Old 05-15-2014, 09:15 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by zte87
You know I am down for walker naches is out of my budget at the moment tho!
Zack, You and me will need to do a Walker run sometime soon in the up coming weekends. I have a feeling Ole Red is going go through D30 shafts like melted butter until I get a set of chromos.
Old 05-15-2014, 02:07 PM

That will be an awesome weekend for your bday!! Unfortunately I will be in NTC, YAY!! I sure would like to get togetherwith you guys this summer as a meet and greet and of course wheeling!!
Old 05-15-2014, 11:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Engine: 4.0 HO

Originally Posted by BuckB91XJ
Zack, You and me will need to do a Walker run sometime soon in the up coming weekends. I have a feeling Ole Red is going go through D30 shafts like melted butter until I get a set of chromos.
You have my number I am open any Sunday!
Old 05-16-2014, 08:13 AM
CF Veteran

Yeah, it's not looking too good for a lot of people for a weekend campout that weekend so what I think I will do is go over and run the Naches Pass Trail (I've been on that trail before but, it was the "Last Chance" snow run that happens every year on 12 November). on Saturday (This would be my first time running it in the summer) and then run Walker on Sunday with Zack.

How does Sunday, June 22nd look for you for a Walker run, Zack? Matt, would you be in for Walker on Sunday, June 22nd? I might even be able to guilt Alex into showing up and at least riding along for that since it's my birthday and all...lol.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:15 PM
CF Veteran

Well, I changed my mind again...and I'm allowed to do that since my run will be in celebration of my birthday. My son and I were talking and we've decided we want to go back to Elbe. Our goal is do the Busy end to end and we will not be denied, again. We will head down to stay at our place in Chehalis, Friday night the 20th of June. Elbe is only a 30 minute drive from there. We will head up to Elbe bright and early the morning of Saturday 21 June and wheel all day long...probably until dark because we plan to do every trail. Hopefully given another month to dry out that wet section in the middle will be shallow enough for us to make it through. Anyway, we will wheel all day and then head back to our place in Chehalis for the night. Then head back up to Oak harbor Sunday morning. Our little farm in Chehalis is a very comfy and cozy place to stay... better than sleeping in a leaking, wet cold tent.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:25 PM
CF Veteran

Engine: 4.0 I6

wish I could go! have fun guys. I'm just glad we got to do 3/4 of the busy! plus a ton of other wheel in!

Quick Reply: Old Man Buck's Birthday Wheeling Run...