Test Section Test your images and other miscellaneous items here.

codes p0876 p0841 p0731 transmission problem pressure sensors HELP! :(

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee(SJ)
Default codes p0876 p0841 p0731 transmission problem pressure sensors HELP! :(

I have followed this page for as long as I had my Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 04 V8 engine... Recently came off the highway and when I came to a almost complete stop at a stop sign.. the car seemed like it skipped.. the jeep would not accelerate unless I pushed hard on the gas and reached around 3000 rpms.. the car jerked forward and began to drive but still continuing to jerk as I pressed the gas.. almost like a delayed acceleration.. anyways I was able to make it home (I live close to highway) only going 30mph max .. the engine light came on as soon as this happened so when I got home I scanned the codes. 3 codes came up, two having to do with pressure sensors and the other about the fluid. I think 1 of these codes (p0876) caused the other two to appear. I took it upon myself to go under the jeep and as I began to lever the pan off.. the smaller filter (there is two) was in the pan? I assume it came loose.. anyways I proceeded to take the other filter off as well as the the 30lb metal platform that hold the solenoid pack and this metal plate (has something to do with gears I don't know too much about that). I began to remove the solenoid pack because I am almost certain that's what needs to be replaced along with filters etc. the side with the gasket looked fine until I saw there was almost like a tear or break in the gasket ... ? my question is could this have caused everything to shut down? my car drives and starts great. doesn't seem like too much is wrong with it other than it won't get out of first gear.. Please help I'm not an expert but I know enough. I'm thinking maybe it caused a leak in the pack. Any advice?? Here is a picture of the solenoid pack

Last edited by grandcherokeeLaredo04; 12-08-2017 at 01:59 PM.
Old 08-02-2020, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Default Have you figured this out? I’m having the exact same symptoms

Have you figured this out? I’m having the exact same symptoms