Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

XJ police pack?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default XJ police pack?

So, I'm soon off to the local wrecker to grab a glove box door and stereo dash bezel. I'm going to try cutting them for some custom CB and Stereo and switch stuff... anyway, when I called them to see if they've got an XJ, they told me they have one that's a "police package"

does anypne one know what's different about it?
Old 05-02-2017, 07:54 PM

Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0

All depends on the year. Some years had different speedometers, heavier duty suspension and rubber floor mats instead of carpet. I'm sure somebody who know more than me can tell you for sure.
Old 05-03-2017, 02:38 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1,530 Likes on 1,173 Posts
Year: 2000

Originally Posted by CanaJeep
So, I'm soon off to the local wrecker to grab a glove box door and stereo dash bezel. I'm going to try cutting them for some custom CB and Stereo and switch stuff... anyway, when I called them to see if they've got an XJ, they told me they have one that's a "police package"

does anypne one know what's different about it?
If so then you need to grab things that this Jeep might have. It could have the EXT IDLE Switch. Grab the whole bezel with all the switches. Cut the pig tails as far back as you can. Might have skid plates. Could have a 120 MPH speedo. Grab that too. Even if you have no desire for the 120 MPH speedo and EXT IDLE Switch if you can get them cheap enough you can make a buck or two selling them.
Old 05-03-2017, 03:16 AM

Year: 2000

Had this XJ for a few months now &, I love it! I had a newer truck before. A LTZ, top of the line 42$ Chevy Avalanche! And I love this 2000 Cherokee more! I love its simplicity and ease to work on. I love the power of the 4.0 straight 6! I love everything about it!
Old 05-03-2017, 04:52 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

The big thing different is they have a column shifter not the floor one and a high idle switch.The rest is pretty much just oem jeep.
Old 05-03-2017, 08:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1998

97-01: Grab the 120MPH instrument cluster, the 4 switch panel, and all the switches (should have Defrost, Rear Wiper, Front Fog, Ext Idle). GRAB THE SWITCH PIGTAILS AS WELL. It may just come with a 3 switch panel but if it's a police package, truly, then it should at least have that EXT IDLE switch. Those are super dooper rare and go for about $100 on ebay.

93-96: Grab the 120 MPH instrument cluster

And the switch panel to the left of the steering wheel. It should have a switch for "Extended Idle".

For a 93 or 94, also grab the surround for the transfer case shifter:

And try to get the emergency brake trim piece as well (not pictured).

For all years, try to grab the rubber floor. Not floor mats, mind you, but the rubber "carpet" which went for $400 the last time I saw anyone have one.