Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Wiring of oil pressure and temp senders

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L I6
Default Wiring of oil pressure and temp senders

New to the site (and forum world). Just bought my 4th XJ but the first one that I'll get my hands dirty on. It's a 96' and looks like I will have my hands full with plenty of projects. It's been through the ringer.

My oil pressure and temp gauges don't read. I learned a lot from this (https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f2/gau...er-swap-11730/) post but still had some questions. I'm assuming that my gauge cluster was swapped out (which would explain how I got a 96' with only 70k miles for $2800). Cracks in dash would also support that theory. So I found where the sending units were, but there's no wires running to them. Does anyone have the color code for the wiring so that I can trace these lines? I'm also assuming i'll have to replace the sending units. I see that there's been a decent amount of rewiring on my Cherokee including hitch wiring. There's at least a couple connectors hanging loose randomly. Thanks for the help. I'm looking forward to working on my favorite vehicle; the XJ.