Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

where is this squeaky noise coming from?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 02:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Model: Cherokee
Default where is this squeaky noise coming from?

i have a '98 xj with 121k miles stock height and just done tune up and small upgrades couple months ago. done the typical plugs, wire, rotor cap and coil. radiator flush, tstat, alternator, belt, neon injector, clean throttle body and new idler pulley (belt tensioner). flowmaster super 44 couple months ago. still stock cat converter. about two months ago the xj was parked outside and it was pouring rain outside. i started up the xj after stopped raining and i heard this real loud belt squeaking. didn't thought much of it cuz the belt was probably wet. just few days ago was raining again and the belt was squeaking loud again. i changed new belt and idler pulley the following day. belt still squeak little bit but not screaming loud. i am not too much concern with the belt at this time probably got some coolant dump on the pulley when doing the tstat.

this is the new squeaky noise im hearing. sound like it's coming from the back by the firewall under the intake manifold, but i can't pin point where it's exactly coming. im thinking it's exhaust manifold is cracked??? give me idea what you guys think cuz the squeaky noise drive me nut lol.

here's a crappy video i made. click on the pic.