Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

what lift option should i go with for a decent price

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default what lift option should i go with for a decent price

I recently bought a 95 cherokee sport that wasent in the best of shape but fixed up the body and what was needed for it to look like new. im at the point that i want to make it look a little more agressive but im not sure what direction to go in as far as a lift and what my best options are. like most people im on a budget so i cant go over and beyond but want good quality for the price.
anyone that has input for me will be greatly appreciated.
thanks,
kez34
Old 07-20-2010, 11:41 AM
Do you hear banjos?

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Check out Rough Country, they have some good prices...
Old 07-20-2010, 11:44 AM
Registered Users

Year: 1992

Originally Posted by COSXJFAN
Check out Rough Country, they have some good prices...
.....and a crappy product
Old 07-20-2010, 01:31 PM
Do you hear banjos?

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess we know your opinion now, I feel enlightened, thanks!! For someone looking to save a few bucks, they make a fine product, regardless what "Captain Deep Pockets" here thinks! I'm always so glad to see your contributions there buddy!! Very informative!!
Old 07-20-2010, 01:57 PM

Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0 ho

you could always peice something together, roughcountry is great except for their springs sag ***, so go with RE springs roughcountry arms and the shocks of your choice... thats just my opinion
Old 07-20-2010, 03:16 PM

Year: 2000

How much of a lift do you want? What do you want to do with it? Do you plan on wheelin it or making a mall crawler? how much is your buget?
I researched lifts for a few months before I bought my XJ. I have read alot about Rough Country. I would stay away from them. The reviews I have found about them talk about sertian problems. The main one is the bushings are crap. If you dont plan on hard wheeling it might be a awsome lift for you. I dont no. I dont own one. Theres an old saying" You get what you pay for ".
There are lots of choises out the look around and do some research. If you have to save a little longer for the right lift. Do it. Biuld it right the first time. It will save you more in the long run. Look at my thread. I wont try to say BUY THIS ITS THE BEST. but the are warrantied for lift. everyone has an opion. but do research on here. If i wreck my XJ I'm buying another and just swapping everything out. Biuld it right the first time............. hope this helps
Old 07-20-2010, 03:48 PM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 1993
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0l inline 6

I would have to agree with "n a i w". There is no quick easy answer, no best or worst. It's all opinion. We lift our toys, get used to what we have and tend to stay with what we know. Do your research, save your sawbucks and get the best lift you can. I have learned a lot by reading, researching, and asking questions on the forum but the best advice I can tell you is "research" only you can choose what the best lift for your Jeep will be.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:03 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1999

Originally Posted by n_a_i_w
How much of a lift do you want? What do you want to do with it? Do you plan on wheelin it or making a mall crawler? how much is your buget?
I researched lifts for a few months before I bought my XJ. I have read alot about Rough Country. I would stay away from them. The reviews I have found about them talk about sertian problems. The main one is the bushings are crap. If you dont plan on hard wheeling it might be a awsome lift for you. I dont no. I dont own one. Theres an old saying" You get what you pay for ".
There are lots of choises out the look around and do some research. If you have to save a little longer for the right lift. Do it. Biuld it right the first time. It will save you more in the long run. Look at my thread. I wont try to say BUY THIS ITS THE BEST. but the are warrantied for lift. everyone has an opion. but do research on here. If i wreck my XJ I'm buying another and just swapping everything out. Biuld it right the first time............. hope this helps
X100000000

http://www.nationalsprings.com/about/

http://www.deaverspring.com/products/leafsgm.html

http://www.alcanspring.com/