Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

What do I need

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 12:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default What do I need

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Cherokee-...-/370519104138

I was looking at this as a budget lift.
What all would I need besides this kit. It says longer shocks but what is a good brand that won't break the bank? Maybe do it all for around 200?
Old 01-20-2015, 12:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0

You're wasting your time with that. By the time you buy all the stuff that POS kit lacks, you'll be spending more than you would actually buying a whole kit. I picked up a 3" trailmaster lift from 4wd hardware for just over $300.

How big are you wanting to go? Idk of any GOOD lift kits that will be around $200.

Some other parts you'd want to look at are an adjustable track bar because as soon as you lift it, the thrust angle will be out due to the front axle not lining up with the rear from the increased height.

However, if you want to go the super cheapo way and its just for looks, be my guest.
Old 01-21-2015, 09:55 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Year: 1999

In a word NO buy a better 3" lift kit like a Rustys full leaf/coil with shocks and all hardware needed then all you need will be an adj. track bar. With his kits you get American made leafs/coils not like most of the others. Those are the 2 most important items in a kit as many will start to sag very quickly.
Old 01-21-2015, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Fred/N0AZZ
In a word NO buy a better 3" lift kit like a Rustys full leaf/coil with shocks and all hardware needed then all you need will be an adj. track bar. With his kits you get American made leafs/coils not like most of the others. Those are the 2 most important items in a kit as many will start to sag very quickly.
Is there a 3" kit that sells everything needed?
Old 01-21-2015, 11:40 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 2000

The ones I've seen yeah but still lack the track bar. If that's what your asking. But one with EVERYTHING you need is not going to be in the price range you're looking at. Unless it's maybe used.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:42 PM

Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0 Power Tech

I dont see why I want to lift an xj but that's my personal preferance mines my DD I bought OEM springs and shocks that were used on the up country package it sits 1½ inches higher than before I'm pretty happy with it plus none of the transfer case or drive line angle problems that come with a lift but like I said it my DD I might get another one to lift but all of my money is going in my gas tank gotta love xjs and add the OEM lift to the Eaton e-lockers in front and rear