Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

transfercase linkage Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 01:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000 XJ Classic,
Model: Cherokee
Engine: XJ 4.0
Default transfercase linkage Question

I have recently replaced my factory 4.0 engine @ 197,000 miles witha remanufactured 4.0 ,do to to burnt bearings all steming back to a bad water pumped (that i should have replaced about a 100k ago), anyway the pump fines were so eat up that it didn't serculate enough, and caused the head to crack thus leading to antifreeze getting down onto my bearings. all of this said my word of advise is to change you water pump often, anyway after getting the new motor in I didn't get the tranmission coolant sending line hooked up to the radiator, it has like that kinda quick disconnect fitting, i drove it around for like 2 days and that line popped of i lost all my fluid, after changing it out the next day, it starts leaking really bad out of the bell, so i am lead to beleive that it's my front main seal in the tranny, so i am in the prosess of droping the tranny and replacing the seal, i have everything done except the transfer case linkage and i am wondering on how to remove it, i think my options are taking the whole linkage off of the body meaning to unbolt it from inside of the cab or take the linkage apart and risk breaking something on it, any insite on this would be greatly appreciated ,