Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Throttle response: electrical issues?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 03:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: bombproof i6
Default Throttle response: electrical issues?

Hey, so long story short. I broke my rear driveshaft, doing this i also ripped out some sensors. I know i lost the wires for the o2 sensor after the little attachment, but i didn't loose the more expensive bit. Another wire that went to the top of the transfercase came out aswell. I reattached the one ontop the transfercase and the jeep was back to running normal again. Oh i forgot to mention that after i ripped out the sensors it ran like crap and whenever i was on the gas it wasn't predictable and would have random surges of power then would basically idle. The other day i went to the junkyard and ripped the whole harness off another jeep then came back home and put it on mine. I cut the wires back from the new(to me) one and the wires from the existing one and twisted them together the best i could and then taped each of them up separately and put the whole deal back in the plastic tube thing.

Now the check engine light is gone but it runs like garbage intermittently.

any ideas what is wrong? I thought about taking it apart and retwisting the wires but i don;t think that is the issue...

any help would be appreciated because when trying to wheel its scary when it randomly jumps.

Thanks.