Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

swaybar bracket adjustment?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 09:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1997
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default swaybar bracket adjustment?

In the process of installing my 3" series II from RC.. Those of you who have installed a lift should know what I am talking about.
The kit comes with square brackets that are used to drop the swaybar a couple of inches, but there is a lot of adjustability in these brackets and I am wondering what would be the best way to tighten them down.. I can move the brackets back and forth almost an inch.

What I was thinking was to torque the swaybarlinks end links down with the weight of the vehicle on the suspension, then tighten the brackets, and then finally tighten the swaybar mounts..
Old 02-24-2010, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996

Think I know the brackets you are talking about. First off the ones I had for my jeep had an offsett, so figure out which dirrection they need to be in by loosely connecting links to bar and pushing the bar up into position to see there the bushing should be located. links should be a vertical as possable, not swaying back or forward with weight on the vehicle. Then Attach your brackets (make shure they are even front to back and properly tightened) Then just attach the swaybar and links, make shure its all tight.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1997

yeah that's what I thought, just tighten them down while the weight is on them so they are in a neutral position.