Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

still stuttin off

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 10:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default still stuttin off

I started the car this morning and my passenger side speaker was off so i went to mount it back up and it shut off on me ( i dont think it had any thing to do with the speaker or nothing) i tried to start it again and it just like stuttered to come on and wouldnt come on as if i wasnt getting fuel i suppose i pop the hood and twisted the two resistor wires together tighter (being that i dont use the resistor i have the wires twisted together with a button connector) i just tightened that baby up a little more and it started do you think this was the problem or is it signs of something else ?
Old 04-04-2009, 11:04 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1988
Engine: 4.0

resistor wires to what? you mentioned the stereo and the pump, what are they going on?
Old 04-04-2009, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by gearheadette
resistor wires to what? you mentioned the stereo and the pump, what are they going on?
the ballast resistor for the fuel pump disregard the stereo comment thats just something i was doing at the time the car shut off its irrelevant though unless there some wires for pump over there. lol