Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

So 4wd.com is havin a sale...and I was wonderin

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 10:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default So 4wd.com is havin a sale...and I was wonderin

So I picked up the RE 3.5" superride kit, is there any other parts I should pick up with it it seems like some people get new track bars and some do not, what bout pitman arms? I wanna try to save as much as I can the sale is 15 percent off vs. 5 percent for just the military discount. right now my jeep is stock and I am just lifting it for mild wheelin and looks (yeah that is what I always seem to say) what would you guys pick up?
Old 01-31-2010, 10:16 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 90

You need to do something about the track bar... but don't need a pitman arm at 3.5"
Old 01-31-2010, 10:17 PM
MJ>XJ

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1990
Model: Comanche
Engine: 4.0 I6

Originally Posted by xjbaldy
So I picked up the RE 3.5" superride kit, is there any other parts I should pick up with it it seems like some people get new track bars and some do not, what bout pitman arms? I wanna try to save as much as I can the sale is 15 percent off vs. 5 percent for just the military discount. right now my jeep is stock and I am just lifting it for mild wheelin and looks (yeah that is what I always seem to say) what would you guys pick up?
if u have a BA-10 tranny... they are the cheapest on the transmission mount... motor mounts come with too and there still the cheapest around... i know your asking about lift but i figured id hit on it anyway... did the kit come with shocks? if the kit didnt come with a pitman arm then your good to go... they wont send u a kit that didnt need something else to make it safe to drive... unless your adding crap like spacers and stuff...
Old 01-31-2010, 11:00 PM

Year: 1996
Default sweet thanks...

I just got the lift and the track bar. how uch of a ***** is it to install yourself, how long did it take you guys? I was thinkin bout having a local shop do it cause they were sayin I would need to cut my rear spring perches off turn my axle and reweld them? I have not read anthing bout that on here, I know how to do basic stuff I I do not think it would be too hard but if there is weldin I am throwin in the towel. If I did have a shop put it in what do you think would be a fair price?
Old 01-31-2010, 11:10 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0L

hahaha you don't have to weld anything lift kits are exactly that! kits! comes with basicly everything you need and are suppose to be 100% bolt on