Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Sensors??

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 03:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Sensors??

Hi! I was just curious and wanted opinions. My 2001 Jeep Cherokee has 250xxx and still running and driving, I only drive it to work and school as I only need it for that. The other week I was driving and my CEL flashed 3 times, me I pulled over to observe the issue.. there was no change in performance or anything, just drove away. **Reminder my CEL is on for my o2 sensors** The next couple days I drove it didn't flash or anything. Then another day goes by and it flashes again, this time I let off the gas and would see if it would turn off. It did, went on with driving it. The day after that it did it again, and turned off.. since then it has not flashed.. I called my mechanic and he was just stated that something is loose.. would that mean my sensors are bad or loose? I have noticed no change in the way the car drives at all. I've read posts on here stating 4.0 chews through sensors but I didn't know if this was my case.. since there is no driving change.
Old 05-24-2017, 03:35 PM
CF Veteran

Received 298 Likes on 253 Posts
Year: '96
Model: Cherokee

Only way I knew the O2 sensors on mine were bad was my mpg bottomed out. Ran fine otherwise. Ever replaced yours? And no the 4.0's aren't any harder than usual on sensors.