Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Rubber Hoses...

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Rubber Hoses...

Does anyone know where stock rubber hoses can be found? I'm looking for the PCV hoses for the front and rear units on the valve covers. Especially the rear hos, as it is designed as a reducer.

As second question is the tranny kick-down cable... Any sources? The plastic clip broke on mine, and while I have it rigged to operate, I'm looking for the complete cable, or just the plastic clips.

Any advice or help is appreciated!!
Old 04-02-2014, 03:55 PM
CF Veteran

Received 82 Likes on 67 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by mrcleanohio
Does anyone know where stock rubber hoses can be found? I'm looking for the PCV hoses for the front and rear units on the valve covers. Especially the rear hos, as it is designed as a reducer.

Use a spark plug boot (spark plug end) that you saved when you gave the Heep a tune up. You didn't give the Heep a tune up lately you say? Give it one and use a boot for that rear fitting. Use your talented imagination for the front one.

As second question is the tranny kick-down cable... Any sources? The plastic clip broke on mine, and while I have it rigged to operate, I'm looking for the complete cable, or just the plastic clips.

Any advice or help is appreciated!!
For a kick-down cable assembly you'll have to search the internet (Google/Ebay), just like we would have to do. Or hit the bone yards for one. Unless you drop your drawers and go to the dealer for one. Make sure you ask them for a reacharound....