Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Renix throttle plate/butterfly upside down; WTF?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1990
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Renix throttle plate/butterfly upside down; WTF?!?!

While chasing an idle issue I discovered that someone had flipped it so it was hanging up in the throttle body and the lever wasn't hitting the stop screw. Guessing it's a one in a million but thought I'd put it out there. Mine has a part number stamped in it and that number goes downward. Assuming they're all made the same that would be an indicator to the next guy trying to figure it out. The plate won't come out the top so I had to pull the TB off to flip it.
Old 10-24-2017, 09:22 PM
CF Veteran

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Year: 97
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by '90Cherokee
While chasing an idle issue I discovered that someone had flipped it so it was hanging up in the throttle body and the lever wasn't hitting the stop screw. Guessing it's a one in a million but thought I'd put it out there. Mine has a part number stamped in it and that number goes downward. Assuming they're all made the same that would be an indicator to the next guy trying to figure it out. The plate won't come out the top so I had to pull the TB off to flip it.
Great information to know!