Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Rednekkin in the metroplex

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 06:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: '90
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 Renix
Default Rednekkin in the metroplex

Like a dummy I left the lights on last night and the old battery was deader than a door nail this morning on the old '90 xj renix. I take the other car to work and when I get home I jump the jeep and lock the door and let it run for about 2 hrs. I figure to take my bw on a tour of the local lake after the rain and about 10 miles into the trip and it starts to sput, back fire, and barely move. I pop the hood and see nothing visually amiss and then remember reading on CF "you ain't got enough juice to make it go" Sooooo I take out the old portable jump box and it runs like new. The alt. is showing "0" charge so I red neck it back home. I wire the jump box to the front bumper and leave the cables attached to the battery and drive home. two cops gave me the big eye when I went by but I think they were laughing so hard they took pitty on me. I guess I'll do the JY this weekend for an alt upgrade or do I go and buy new......any thoughts. the BW knew I used the jumpbox to start it but had no idea I tied it to the bumper,,, I thought she was gonna pee her pants when she got out at home she was laughin so hard
Old 03-21-2012, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 98
Model: Cherokee

At my old job I would use a jump box clamped to the battery terminals (no battery) just to move them around. It worked but probably wasn't to good on the box.