Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Radio and interior lights not working

Old 08-27-2013, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Radio and interior lights not working

For awhile now my radio, interior dome light and lock locks havent been working at all. I dont know if there is a short somewhere or if there is a circuit breaker blown. Ive checked all the fuses and their ok. There was one fuse that kept blowing when i put a new one in so i upped the amp on it and it hasnt blown since but still no radio or anything. The radio does work ive checked that. Its got me stumped and cant figure out whats going on. If you know of anything to fix it please let me know. Im starting to get tired of just listening to my tires hum down the road.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:51 PM
CF Veteran

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Year: My Jeep is a GMC

Originally Posted by 96liftedXJ
For awhile now my radio, interior dome light and lock locks havent been working at all. I dont know if there is a short somewhere or if there is a circuit breaker blown. Ive checked all the fuses and their ok. There was one fuse that kept blowing when i put a new one in so i upped the amp on it and it hasnt blown since but still no radio or anything. The radio does work ive checked that. Its got me stumped and cant figure out whats going on. If you know of anything to fix it please let me know. Im starting to get tired of just listening to my tires hum down the road.