Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Question regarding Original Paint and Trim on a 1991 Jeep Cherokee Briarwood..

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Question regarding Original Paint and Trim on a 1991 Jeep Cherokee Briarwood..

Hi all,

I have 1991 Briarwood. I've had it for about 6 years now. It's a great truck but the original paint is starting to fade and get oxidized.

I keep my truck outside so I am guessing mother nature does take it's toll on the paint. Although I wash it regularly, I rarely wax it. I wonder if it's mother nature and the lack of waxing it that are causing the paint to fade/oxidize or does it have something to do with the original paint itself (over time it will eventually deteriorate). I have noticed other makes of cars as old as mine that do not fade/oxidize as much as Cherokees. I would appreciate your input on this.

Also, my Cherokee has wood paneling. I need to replace some of the trim because it is peeling. Any suggestions where I can order it?

Thanks