Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

power door fuses

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1990
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L 6cyl
Default power door fuses

ok i have a '90 cherokee laredo
the previous owner rigged it up so that the front 2 doors pop off at the hinges like a wrangler, thus making it a cool beach truck on its lift and tires.
all you have to do to complete the pop off is disconnect about 4 wire harnesses from the power door wiring.
naturally i had to do it to see the outcome. when putting it back on i carefully reconnected the harnesses as they had been.
but now the power door accessories dont function... on ANY of the 4 doors.
i know that they did before and i cant see how i may have messed up the wiring since i checked and re-checked those harnesses.
btw, i only removed the driver door.
so, obviously i need to find out where the issue is.
my first step is to look at the fuses for the power windows and locks but i cant locate them in the block.
where are they?
Old 08-14-2010, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1987
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

Yeah,, Been there, done that..... Once or Twice before.... Your driver door harnesses provide power to all the other doors, so if you get something crossed there, nothing will work regardless..... Sometimes its just a matter of rechecking the connection, the first time I disconnected them and then reconnected, I went by connector color but they are 3 different colors of 4 connectors on two identical connected harnesses.... Double check the color codes of the wires at the connections, also.... Make sure the connections are clean without debris/dirt, etc.
Good Luck...