Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

PO753 shift solenoid A electrical questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1997
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: V6 4.0 LITER
Default PO753 shift solenoid A electrical questions

will this code keep a jeep from running? my 97 GC 4.0L has not ran for 3 months. changed all sensors. checked all connections and grounding points. fuel pressure is 47. no spark on plugs. power to starter, alternator, and coil. slight clicking in PDC fuse box. changed all fuses and relays. belt turns when turning over motor. there's a slight dip on the battery voltmeter gauge when cranking( had been a big drop until i replaced battery cables). i put my jeep into neutral and pushed it about 20 feet so i could cut the grass under/around it. when i put my new battery in the jeep, a DTC PO753 keeps coming on when i try to crank the motor. my transmission was working fine when the jeep started not running anymore 3 months ago. no shifting problems at all. the bevel rises up a little when i put it into drive. i had no trouble codes at all when the jeep quit running 3 months ago. i have not been able to find any competent help with knowledge of jeeps in my area. i don't want to change parts unless that's the problem. so, here's my questions again. will this code ( which came from out of nowhere after jeep not running for 3 months ) keep the motor from firing up? and #2, would a faulty voltage regulator inside the pcm cause a bogus DTC code and cause a no spark situation? my pcm has lost communications with shop computers in the past. appreciate any serious input. again, crank sensor, cam sensor, throttle position sensor, MAP sensor, IAC sensor, coolant temp. sensor, O2 sensors, oil pressure sending unit sensor, along with catalytic converter and muffler, valve cover gasket, spark plugs, plug wires, distributor cap and rotor, battery and cables, coil has all been changed. turns over with belt moving but no spark at plugs. will not crank in neutral either. just in case of a bad switch.