Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

passenger window doesn't roll down

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 06:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee
Engine: inline 6
Default passenger window doesn't roll down

2001 cherokee sport

Let me say first that i know it can be very hard to find the answer to this problem, and that it can probably be caused by a few different things.

here it goes..... my front passenger window is not working correctly. the switch that controls it from the driver's door does not work at all. the switch on the front pass door only works going up.
At first i thought the circuit board in the switch box was bad so i swapped both the driver's and pass switch boxes out with ones that worked correctly, but I had the same problem.
then i checked the motor by hooking it right to power and it worked fine both ways. so the motor is good.
then i wiggled all connections at both the driver and pass switch boxes to see if there was maybe a loose connection. no luck.
then i check all connections behind the driver and pass kick panels for looseness and or corrosion. They were all tight and all clean.

I don't have a real good schematic of the system, only the one in the haynes manual, which i don't think is 100% correct.

I'm wondering if there is something i missed, like a relay or something. I would appreciate any ideas.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:37 PM

Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee
Engine: inline 6

no suggestions?
Old 06-14-2010, 10:08 PM

Year: 1995
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: v8 5.2L

Having the same exact problem in my zj I checked the heat from the drivers side and it works fine but somewhere between the master switch to the passenger side theres either a break in the wire or next im gonna check the relay wish i knew i would tell you let me know if you solve it