Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

passenger side window...

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default passenger side window...

96 cherokee i6 4x4 with power windows. everything worked fine with the windows until earlier. the front passenger side window went down like normal, then wouldn't go up. it would continue to go down, but when you tried to send it back up there would be a clicking noise below the dash and power would be robbed from all the dash lights (this is all when using the driver side controls). the passenger side controls didn't work at first, but after a few hard door closings it went back up. i haven't messed with it anymore as we're supposed to get rain and i don't want to be stuck with a window down. i've also had problems with the power door locks not always unlocking one of the rear doors and one occasions when using driver side controls to unlock doors before getting out ended up with the driver door unopenable until climbing in the passenger side and messing with the lock control. any ideas????
Old 01-29-2013, 09:40 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

First issue: Try pressing downward on the rear of the window while pressing the UP button.

Second issue: Wires breaking are a common problem, right where they flex every time the door is opened/closed.