Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Need some help with my XJ

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 08:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1994
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 with Banks exhaust
Default Need some help with my XJ

I am looking to get a little more flex out of my rig and was wondering if this would help. It has a Rusty's 6.5 lift and 2 inch spacers and was wondering if I got some control arm drop brackets from Rough Country could I still use the control arms that came with the Rusty's kit and if so would it help my flex out? As it sits right now it will only make it up a 25 degree RTI ramp about 73 inches. Thanks for any info.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0

First off welcome to CF from northeast PA for your question it will get your control arms at a much better angle in turn will allow more movement withou the control arms binding so it will help a little but you will notice it much more on the road as it will handle better well worth it IMHO you might want to look into long arms also if you have the money for them thats the absolute best good luck either way
Old 06-14-2009, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1994
Engine: 4.0 with Banks exhaust

Thanks for the welcome and the info. So if I understand I can use the Rusty's drop control arms with the Rough Country drop brackets?? I am not to familiar with control arms, all my previous Jeeps had leaf springs up front Thanks again