Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

need some help/advice for lifting the rear of my cherokee

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1993
Model: Cherokee
Engine: I-6 h.o.
Default need some help/advice for lifting the rear of my cherokee

some of you may have seen my other posts on this, but i have been narrowing down my problems, and i am doing this last one to hopefully get a final solution for my problem

i have a pro comp 3 inch lift i got as a gift, and everything is good, accept the rear lift. its a short aal, and from what i hear from everyone i am 90% sure it will sag out within a year. so, i have two options, as follows:

i can go with a full length aal, or all new lifted leaf packs. the advantage of the full length aal is its alot cheaper, and the advantage of the full pack is its a sure thing, and will not sag. i have done some searching, and all i can find so far, for a decent price, is rusty's off road. they have rear leaf packs and full length aal's, but only 3.5" lift, which i ASSUME would still be ok with the front lifted only 3 inches.....anyway, the full 3.5" rear leaf packs would be about $300 shipped, and a pair of full length aal's that are 3.5" of lift would be about $90 shipped, so i have a couple questions i would love to have answered.....

Would the rusty's 3.5 inch full length aal's hold 3 inches of lift, or would they sag out? if anyone has had experience and know they will just sag out, i will go ahead and get full leaf packs. And if they would just sag out, Where else can i get a pair of full leaf packs, 3-3.5" of lift, for under $300? and what other brand should i consider? thank you very much for any information, im excited to do my lift, but i want to do it once, and do it right. thanks
Old 01-09-2011, 01:15 PM

looking at your profile picture, i would highly recommend full leaf packs. Look into rough country as well and check vendor section. Grimus is giving us 10% off as well as Rough Country's free shipping so that would be a pretty good deal if you ask me. Then you wont have to worry about that leafs holding up cause you would have all new springs. Hope this helps.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by BLACKSPORT
looking at your profile picture, i would highly recommend full leaf packs. Look into rough country as well and check vendor section. Grimus is giving us 10% off as well as Rough Country's free shipping so that would be a pretty good deal if you ask me. Then you wont have to worry about that leafs holding up cause you would have all new springs. Hope this helps.
i looked on rough country's site, and i noticed they have free shipping, but i cant seem to find just their rear leaf packs, only full kits.....i like the sounds of the rough country rear packs, everyone seems to like them, but where can i find the rough country rear packs with free shipping?
Old 01-09-2011, 02:26 PM

ya after doing some measuring i think full leaf packs is the only way i can go.....my rear leafs are slightly inverted. Also, i measured from the center of the wheels to the fender, and on the front, the drivers side was 18", passenger side was 17 1/2", and in the rear, the drivers was 16 7/8", passenger side was 16 1/2". so ya, ill talk to grimus about rough country full packs. im thinkin its either gonna be those, or the ones from rusty's off road, depending on which i can get cheaper.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:17 PM

Contact Grimus in the vendors section. He will give you the information and 10% discount. Otherwise ebay or ironrock offroad has at least had just the 4.5s by themselves, but like i said pm him and he will hook you up.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:30 PM

Year: 99XJsport
Engine: 4.0L

nvr mind
Old 01-11-2011, 07:05 PM

hey thanks for telling me to message grimus, i talked to him, and he is gonna hook me up with a pair of 3 inch lifted rear leaf packs from rough country for $218 to my door, so im ordering them on saturday
Old 01-12-2011, 05:35 PM

yep no problem