Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

need some help!!

Old 01-16-2011, 04:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1990
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default need some help!!

i bought my first jeep 3 months ago, 1990 jeep laredo, i am in love with it... sold my ford explorer to buy it. problem is the guy i bought it from messed with the electrical, most of which i have now gotten fixed, how ever his daughter had wrecked it by hitting the passenger side front into a pole, so what i am in need of replacing the front clip, right front fender and all the light fixture... so what i am basically asking for is help with how to do this as cheap as possible and just how hard will it be to take off the front clip and the fender? and what parts will fit on my jeep?
Old 01-16-2011, 06:58 AM
CF Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Actually very easy to do. The grill, header panel, fenders are held on with assorted Torx heads, screws. and nuts/bolts. Nothing complicated at all. 96 and down are a direct swap.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1990
Engine: 4.0l

If you dont wana hit up junkie jims (junk yards) you will pay a lil more but if you have a you pull it place around i would strongly sugest that. The you pull its are generally much cheaper and this is a simple enough job you can save your self a good deal of money by fronting your own labor.