Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Need help identifying fuses

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2019, 02:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Need help identifying fuses

Hello everyone, need help finding the wiper motor and blower motor fuse on my 93 2.5. I’ve checked the wiper relay velcroed under the dash. I keep seeing mixed things so if anyone has something similar and can help that’d be great. Thanks. Threw in a picture of my fuse block inside.

Last edited by joeyourbro; 05-02-2019 at 02:31 PM.
Old 05-02-2019, 03:02 PM

Well I sort of figured it out myself I think. I didn’t have the 4.8 or 5.5 circuit breaker in there, or anywhere in the jeep. I stuck a paper clip both ends where the spades would go and the wipers worked. I ordered a 4.8 circuit breaker from quadratec as not even the dealer could have it for 3 weeks.

Should I have any issues using the paper clip? Just in case, I put it in and let the wipers do a full spin and shut it off.
Old 05-02-2019, 04:42 PM
CF Veteran

Received 278 Likes on 242 Posts
Year: 1995 RHD
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0l

I would not keep the paper clip in there as it isn't a fuse or breaker. If a short to ground were to occur in that circuit while a paper clip is used, you'll probably end up with some melted wiring to fix in the best case scenario..
Old 05-02-2019, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by boxburn
I would not keep the paper clip in there as it isn't a fuse or breaker. If a short to ground were to occur in that circuit while a paper clip is used, you'll probably end up with some melted wiring to fix in the best case scenario..
The vehicle won’t be driven for awhile anyway. Have a few other things to wrap up. In the mean time, I did find a 30amp CB in the same style in my house - it worked but will be replaced with the 4.8 as soon as it arrives.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:00 PM
awg
CF Veteran

Received 606 Likes on 516 Posts
Year: 96
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by joeyourbro
Well I sort of figured it out myself I think. I didn’t have the 4.8 or 5.5 circuit breaker in there, or anywhere in the jeep. I stuck a paper clip both ends where the spades would go and the wipers worked. I ordered a 4.8 circuit breaker from quadratec as not even the dealer could have it for 3 weeks.

Should I have any issues using the paper clip? Just in case, I put it in and let the wipers do a full spin and shut it off.
pretty good chance the fuse is deleted cause it kept blowing...so I would not use the wiper AT ALL with a paper clip, a fused wire would be more sensible