Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

My XJ needs HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My XJ needs HELP!!!

Hey guys,

I'm very new to this site and I've already tried to find info on my problem, but haven't been too successful. I have a 94 Cherokee Sport 4wd, auto, 4.0L.

I was recently in an accident with it on the pass. front so I put it in the garage to fix it. I then found out I needed a new radiator, so got that. Here's everything I did to it while it was garaged for 2 weeks....

New Radiator, Coolant flush, Upper + lower hoses, oil change, new body panels, full exhaust minus the cat, and gas tank ( had a small leak at the top)

Now, here's my problem. Whenever I take a turn or put the motor up to 4k rpm, it starts to sputter and shut off. Sometimes it will just die. I thought it was fuel related, so I replace the pump and filter. Then I checked the pressure and it's right at 31psi like the book I have says it's supposed to be. I have no idea what else to do. Is it electrical? Some other mechanical part? Please help me!! This is my winter truck and I really don't like driving my 350Z in this weather right now! ;-( PM or email me with whatever help you have or can find. Thanks, Doug