Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

My dads 2002 grand cherokees pcm took a crap looking for cheap replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My dads 2002 grand cherokees pcm took a crap looking for cheap replacement

Hoping someone can help out my dad took his Cherokee out in some mud an water about month ago an is getting all sorts of computer issues gas gauge doesn't work, ac stopped working, check engine light is on........so on, he has taken it in to a couple shops to no avail changed out fuel pump and sender, wanna save him some cash from buying from dealer an see if anyone has a broken down 2002 or just a computer from one for cheaper than dealer cost hit me up!!!! Thanks guys
Old 09-07-2011, 01:37 AM

Model: Cherokee

Originally Posted by jeepjoe13
Hoping someone can help out my dad took his Cherokee out in some mud an water about month ago an is getting all sorts of computer issues gas gauge doesn't work, ac stopped working, check engine light is on........so on, he has taken it in to a couple shops to no avail changed out fuel pump and sender, wanna save him some cash from buying from dealer an see if anyone has a broken down 2002 or just a computer from one for cheaper than dealer cost hit me up!!!! Thanks guys
WHy do you want to replace the computer? The above symptoms could be related to a whole host of things, in your case most likely water ingress. Did the computer get wet? If not, you might want to start by reading the engine codes and work your way down from there before swapping anything.

Jeroen
Old 09-07-2011, 01:59 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1990
Model: Cherokee
Engine: The venerable 4.0

I hope you will dive deeper into the diagnoses but if you want a remanufactured computer rockauto.com has them.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:57 PM

We have had two shops run codes, hence the replacement of fuel pump and sender.........that's what their readers said was wrong, we don't want to buy a computer but not sure what else could b problem.......I wasn't with when it happened just figured I'd post on here an see if anyone had same issues/know anything about the issue! Thanks guys