Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Misfiring rough driving

Old 04-23-2015, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Misfiring rough driving

I recently bought a 1995 Cherokee 4x4 lifted 9.5 inches. When I went to look at it and drive it it was occasionally jerking and misfiring when driving. It idles fine and revs fine but when driving it it'll get rough. The guy I bought it from hit a large amount of water the night before which was 4/19. It soaked the air filter and he said it wouldn't start so he removed it. That night it drove home fine but the next day when I bought it it was jerking and misfiring. I bought all new plugs plug wires. Put seafoam in the gas tank. New fuel filter. There is a vacuum line that leaks a little that I have found but I was thinking the problem may be in the throttle body. Possibly the iac, MAP, or tps. Haven't gotten around to test it more or clean the throttle body. I was wanting another opinion considering most people who post this question haven't recently soaked the air filter. Just looking for a second opinion thank you