Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Misfiring and low oil pressure. 2000 XJ 4.0L

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default Misfiring and low oil pressure. 2000 XJ 4.0L

Today i hit the gas and ran it all the way to redline because i pulled out infront of someone. Right after, check engine light started to blink and when i stopped it ran rough and coughed/sputtered when i hit the gas. Shut it off and turned back on and it idled fine and the light was solid. Codes came back for cylinder 1,2, and 6 misfires, multiple cylinder misfires and small evap leak. Also the oil pressure is really low. Normally, idles at 30 and drives at 60. Now it idles at about 20 and drives around 40. I have no clue whats wrong. Pulled the plugs and they should be replaced but no build up or oil, or coolant on any. Checked the coolant and its still perfectly green. No odd smells of gas , coolant or oil in the exhaust either. I need some help. I cant find this combination of problems anywhere. I cleared the codes and drove around for half an hour. It brought the idle oil pressure from 17 to about 24 and none of the codes have come back

Last edited by Hunter Cundiff; 03-26-2017 at 10:12 PM.