Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Leaky water pump/ac delete

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 12:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0
Default Leaky water pump/ac delete

Hi guys,
I recently did a cooling system replacement to include radiator, upper and lower hoses, water pump, fan clutch, and water pump outlet pipe along with flushing the heater core. For some reason, I cannot get the water pump to create a nice seal. I used a feld pro gasket, and made sure I got all the bolts nice and snug, but I still have a small leak threat drops down the harmonic balancer pulley, and created a god awful squeal. I think it's from the leaky coolant and the fact that my ac compressor is going bad. Any recommendations on a leak proof fix, and an ac delete?
Old 08-20-2017, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L Inline 6

i just did this too. the seals i was buying from autozone sucked they had too much material that stuck out the sides and kind of folded the seal and i couldnt get it to work. then i went to oreilys and bought one of the 50 cent ones and it worked after that. as far as ac delete i would think you would want something like this. http://www.autozone.com/cooling-heat...false&model=ac