Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Keyless Remote

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 11:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keyless Remote

I have a remote start on my car that just all of a sudden quit working. So i said best leave it alone since rite now everything else works and i would rather not have the dash go out or something because of tinkering with it. But i do have a stock remote from my old 97 zj laredo. Ive tried changing the batteries and doing the program thing but nothing seems to work. Keylessride.com tells me i need the two button unlock and lock. Mine has a panic button has anyone gotten this one to work on a 98 or similar cherokee?

http://cdn3.iofferphoto.com/img/item...6/219/dqZz.jpg

heres how to program:
Up to 4 transmitters can be programmed into the receiver at any given time.

All transmitters to be used on a vehicle must be programmed during this procedure.

(1) Open the driver’s door and leave it open during the programming process.

(2) Move the mechanical door lock lever on the driver’s door to the LOCK position.

(3) Insert the ignition key and turn it to the RUN position. (Do not start the vehicle.)

(4) After turning the ignition key to the Run position aim the transmitter at the receiver and press the LOCK (right) button for 5 seconds. Once the receiver accepts the programming the door will unlock.

(5) If additional transmitters are to be used on the vehicle each must be programmed during the programming sequence. (Up to 4 transmitters can be programmed to a vehicle) To program additional transmitters: Return the mechanical door lock lever on the driver’s door to the LOCK position and aim the next transmitter at the receiver and press the LOCK (right) button for 5 seconds. Again when the receiver accepts the programming the door will unlock. Repeat step 5 until all transmitters have been programmed.

(6) When all transmitters have been programmed to the receiver, the ignition must be turned off and back on within 20 seconds after programming the last transmitter. When this is done, only the transmitters that were programmed to the vehicle during this procedure will operate the locks.