Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

JRC Stage 3 sliders? Who could install them?

Old 03-07-2010, 09:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default JRC Stage 3 sliders? Who could install them?

I'm going to be ordering JRC s3 sliders for my xj and was wondering who would be able to install then and what kind of places usually do it?
Old 03-07-2010, 09:59 PM
CF Veteran

Just do it yourself. It is just simply bolt on.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by OnlyInMyXJ22
Just do it yourself. It is just simply bolt on.
Where? Are there holes for them already or do I have to drill because I have nooooo tools.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:14 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1987
Engine: 242 inline six

you'll need a drill
Old 03-07-2010, 10:18 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by 11Past9
Where? Are there holes for them already or do I have to drill because I have nooooo tools.
Well, if you have a Jeep, it's time for some tools.

Buy a drill and a drill bit set. Then buy a wrench set to bolt on the sliders after you drill the holes needed.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:26 PM

I have a jeep, I also have a full time class schedule at a tough school and am also an army officer candidate in a busy year with a million other issues to deal with Id rather pay then dick around in the freezing cold with the only spare time I have during the day. Not to be **** but I asked where i could get them done for a reason

Last edited by OverlandZJ; 03-07-2010 at 10:51 PM. Reason: language
Old 03-07-2010, 10:34 PM
CF Veteran

I have a jeep, I also have a full time class schedule at a tough school and am also an army officer candidate in a busy year with a million other issues to deal with Id rather pay then dick around in the freezing cold with the only spare time I have during the day. Not to be dick but I asked where i could get them done for a reason
If that is the case, I'd sell the Jeep. You don't have the time to work on one and appreciate it. Not to be a ****, just giving my opinion and I'm sure many will agree.

And since you asked, look up local shops/garages around you. We don't know where you live, or what is around you.

Last edited by OverlandZJ; 03-07-2010 at 10:51 PM. Reason: language
Old 03-07-2010, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by OnlyInMyXJ22
If that is the case, I'd sell the Jeep. You don't have the time to work on one and appreciate it. Not to be a dick, just giving my opinion and I'm sure many will agree.

And since you asked, look up local shops/garages around you. We don't know where you live, or what is around you.
That's the dumbest ****ing thing I've ever heard. If you don't feel like installing your own sliders then sell your jeep. Ok guy good advice.

0415am wake up
0500am - 0800am ranger team pt
0805am - 0950 am accounting
1100-1150 am geo sci
1200-100pm meetings
1-200pm stat class
400pm-600pm lab

then it's dark and I'm tired not to mention I just had ****ing open knee surgery

but I guess busy people aren't allowed to have jeeps and should all sell them. Well said high speed. Craigslist here I come anyone wanna buy me jeep because I don't have time to take my Gimp knee *** out in the cold in the dark to install sliders because I was up at 4am 5 days a week with ranger team and classes and meeting all day.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:50 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 94
Engine: 4.0L

Can we watch the language children?
Old 03-07-2010, 10:52 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 94
Engine: 4.0L

11past, where are you from? I'm sure someone can recommend a shop, or your average mechanic can handle this type of work.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:55 PM

Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0 I6

Look, here's the thing. Nobody is here to start a fight. When you ask for advise you open the conversation to opinion as well. Take it in stride. Try to find a shop in your area that is reputable and honest. A lot of times, your state's DMV (or secretary of state, in MI) will have a list of licensed shops. We understand a busy schedule. Me personally, My wife works 2 jobs right now, (She teaches at a school and tutors on the side) I work 50+ hours a week, I'm also completing my B.S. in Emergency Management and will be starting an accellerated Master's program in Public Safety Administration, we also have 2 kids AND I'm on call from 00:00-23:59 24 hours a day, 7 days a week as a volunteer firefighter/EMT. I understand being busy. If someone gives you an opinion you don't like, disregard it; no need to retaliate, that just causes unnecessary confrontation. Are you in college as an ROTC student or are you at West Point? Be safe, and good luck.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by firstime00XJ
Look, here's the thing. Nobody is here to start a fight. When you ask for advise you open the conversation to opinion as well. Take it in stride. Try to find a shop in your area that is reputable and honest. A lot of times, your state's DMV (or secretary of state, in MI) will have a list of licensed shops. We understand a busy schedule. Me personally, My wife works 2 jobs right now, (She teaches at a school and tutors on the side) I work 50+ hours a week, I'm also completing my B.S. in Emergency Management and will be starting an accellerated Master's program in Public Safety Administration, we also have 2 kids AND I'm on call from 00:00-23:59 24 hours a day, 7 days a week as a volunteer firefighter/EMT. I understand being busy. If someone gives you an opinion you don't like, disregard it; no need to retaliate, that just causes unnecessary confrontation. Are you in college as an ROTC student or are you at West Point? Be safe, and good luck.
I am a 6 year prior service now in ROTC in ms3 year. I can take advice but the oh sell your jeep bla bla bla if you can't work on it bla bla crap pissed me off a bit.

Considering I have a ridiculously clean well taken care of 01 w 90k on it as a dd I can't imagine how much working on this thing actually requires... Not much
Old 03-07-2010, 10:59 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 93
Engine: 4.0

leg work man call around i kno a bunch of my army buddies are into jeeps and love that kinda stuff, also if you can try a car care center on a base those guys are great they just helped me rebuild the suspension on my liberty

Last edited by claygrassmann; 03-07-2010 at 11:02 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:01 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1996

I'm going to be ordering JRC s3 sliders for my xj and was wondering who would be able to install then and what kind of places usually do it?
Where are you located? I'm sure there are folk on this forum who would be happy to help install them. Might take some of your time, but I'm sure you'll be able to sneak a hour or two here and there. I mean, if you couldn't what would be the purpose of rock sliders?

Alternatively, you could go to a Midas. My buddy works there and he does a ton of stuff for rigs. Of course, the quality of work depends on the mechanics at your Midas, but the guys nearby are pretty damn competent. Don't know how much they'd charge though.

Personally, I like the do it yourself idea, but then again, to each his own. And don't worry, I get it. I have a very full life too. (think 10 hour job at least daily, a 2 year old, a pregnant wife, and 30 hours weekly of nonstop studying for a licensure exam). For some, working on your rig until 0200 only to get 3 hours of sleep before it starts all over again feels great!

Best of luck to you,
s
Old 03-07-2010, 11:03 PM

Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0 I6

Thanks to both of you for your service. I have an extensive family history with the military, all branches, and I'm one of the few men who didn't enter into the service. (Of course, I'm a ff/EMT so I'm still in public service) I understand having an issue with the "sell your Jeep" comment, but like I said, take it in stride - like water running down a duck's back. (Sorry for the corny simile, I'm a duck hunter)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: JRC Stage 3 sliders? Who could install them?