Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Install time for 4 inch lift?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 02:45 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: Inline 6
Default Install time for 4 inch lift?

ive heard it takes 4-6 hours to install. its a add a leaf, and shackle and new springs and shocks and im trying to convince my mom to let me skip tomorrow so i can install it tonight and tomorrow. my stepdad will probably help me out with some of it. im about to make a run to get pb blaster, spring compressor kit and maybe and impacted wrench if i can rent one.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:29 PM

Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by rtralabama
ive heard it takes 4-6 hours to install. its a add a leaf, and shackle and new springs and shocks and im trying to convince my mom to let me skip tomorrow so i can install it tonight and tomorrow. my stepdad will probably help me out with some of it. im about to make a run to get pb blaster, spring compressor kit and maybe and impacted wrench if i can rent one.
I know your stoked over getting a lift but if school is what your skipping it's not worth it. Without your education you'll never be able to afford to mod anything much less your XJ. (Done preaching now).

Post pictures when done!!!!

To answer your question I would allow the whole weekend if you've never done anything like this. Time is your friend when in unfamiliar territory.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1997
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 5.2

take your time.. all weekend like FIREMANRAY said. take your time do it right and clean it up under there while your there. it will look super clean and then if you ever need to take any thing off in the future you will be glad you cleaned cuz there wont be any crud or gunk in you new lift. if your jeep is down all weekend thats a small price to pay for having a sick looking jeep on monday at school. all the girls will wanna ride. then they will want to get in your jeep. lol just kidding.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:33 PM

Find someone on here close to your location and ask for a hand. Offroadnut i know is on PA. If it's your first time lifting, allow the whole weekend or you might miss Fri classes too if you dont finish. Sit down and make sure you have everything you need to get thisdone. Good luck and post up when your done
Old 09-21-2010, 03:42 PM

A friend and I just did a 2.5" on a KJ. Neither of us had ever messed with IFS began @ 1230pm and after his ER visit.......finished the next morning. But we were 30 min from completion when he got caught in the compressors.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:45 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 2000
Engine: Inline 6

Alright i will just wait to make sure i can get it done. but im gonna have to wait 2 weeks to install it =( cus i work this weekend and next im paintball for 2 days straight lol.