Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Help Please!!!!!

Old 07-14-2010, 09:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Help Please!!!!!

I own a 2000 Jeep grand cherokee laredo.. i recently have discovered that the coolant has been running low i have refilled the coolant and for the life of me couldnt find out where is was going... its not running hot or anything... i have noticed a greasy film on the windshield when i use the defrosters and found some coolant in the passanger floor compartment i read a article online that it is most likely the heater core what can i do to check and what is mostlikely the problem and cost to fix? thanks for the help!!!
Old 07-14-2010, 09:42 AM

your heater core is leaking needs to be fixed or your at risk of over heating the engine if the rad get to low on fluid...
Old 07-14-2010, 09:52 AM

Year: 1990
Engine: 4.0 I6

X2

Im also sure all that antifreeze vapor cant be good for you inside your vehicle.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:56 AM
Seasoned Member

Could be as simple as a cracked hose on the other hand the core itself could need replacing. Its located up under that dash on the pass side. They can be a pain. Goodluck
Old 07-14-2010, 10:02 AM

Year: 1990
Engine: 4.0 I6

Originally Posted by Quazzimoto
Could be as simple as a cracked hose on the other hand the core itself could need replacing. Its located up under that dash on the pass side. They can be a pain. Goodluck
If it was the hose he would likely find antifreeze on the ground as well. But yes, it could be... Last I checked, heater cores dont cost a lot of money, but you will pay for it in labor and frustration when you change the part.

E
Old 07-14-2010, 11:28 AM

yes it is leaking on the pasanger side floor but the heateris still blowing.. the ac seems to work fine so where would i look for the leaking hose?