Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

hello fellow jeepsters.

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 12:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default hello fellow jeepsters.

hi,
before i get to any questions,i would like to thank anyone in advance for any help or ideas...what a great forum.
here goes,i purchased an used 01 cherokee sport with it seems an abundance of issues.
i love the thing (my first jeep)and i plan on bringing it back to life...or at least somewhat reliable.
i solved the death wobble,just a bad track bar,the rear leafs are inverted so i bought a set of aal and a pair ofcoil overs(not installed)the rear sway bar is not even connected to the link things..lol..which i also purchased along with bushings for both the front and back(also not installed yet)
the exhaust mount weld on the cat i think is broken so that rattles alot,the nss is bad so it sporadically stalls,especially in the damp enviroment i am in.have to put it in reverse then back to prk to start every other day.
off the top of my head they are the pressing issues,oh and it wont go into 4x4 low,but i can live with that.
what i cant live with is the heating system,winter is soon upon us,and we had a mild frost,i could not see out of the windshield.
i checked all the vac lines,seem fine,i pulled the glove box,the servo thing operates off vac when i put it in recirc,i turn the switch on the vent control and could see the door open and close on the drivers side floor vent ,so that works as well,i have heat and ac at the vents but no air pressure at all,at any vent.the blower if you are looking at it from the passenger side floor(awkward position) is spinning clockwise it appears,i replaced the resistor as it only had full blast,but the blower and everything else looked factory.
i cant imagine the blower spinniing backwards from the factory without the original customer complaing.
i stripped the tape off the wires from the resistor to the motor(blower) and there is a green wire and 2 black orange wires,at the blower there is 1 green wire and 1 orange green wire.
i would like to reverse the blower mtr wires to see iff that affects a change,but i cant access them at the blower(externally)and i am am confused why there is 2 black orange wires in the interiour and only 1 going to the motor itself
i looked at the resistor plug,4 wires in..but cant figure how to remove the wires from the plug and switch the grren and black orange,plus i dont want to cook my harness.
any help would be greatly appreciated,zero budget so i am trying to do this myself
Old 10-29-2017, 04:05 AM

Model: Cherokee(XJ)

im pretty sure a bad neutral safety switch will not cause stalling while driving, it just prevents the car to start in gear.

marc
Old 10-29-2017, 06:45 AM

Model: Cherokee

thanks marc,
i guess the stalling is another issue to be addressed..lol..thought/hoped it was related to the nss thing..oh well.