Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

heat / vacuum question

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 09:50 AM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 92
Engine: 4.0
Default heat / vacuum question

So ive been looking and cant quite get my exact problem pinned down. It has to do with my heating system. I recently did an engine swap and had some help, he was kind of a o pull it off now and figure out where it goes later guy. I appreciate his help but may go solo next time! Lol. So my heat will only blow out the defrost( usually vac. Related) and its Luke warm at best. The main dillema I have is the black ball behind the bumper. Everyone says it has an inlet and outlet but mine in has one. Ive been told this is for no cruise, which I don't have but I'm not understanding how it works with only one port? I can only find a vac diagram for one with two ports. Also both rad hoses and heater hoses are hot to the touch but I don't get great heat even from the defrost which its stuck on. My autometer gauge starts at 100degree and wont even move off the stop when the hoses are hot to the touch. I have a 98 engine in it and there were no extra ports on the head for the temp sensor so I made a fitting to put it in the heater hose just above the therm housing. So i am lost, I have tried different vac line routing to no avail. If you have had a problem like this or may have a trick to try let me know. Its cold in Ohio and I need heat! Lol