Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Headlight Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 06:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Headlight Conversion

Ok. I know there are some headlight threads out there. I have searched. And trust me I hate seeing people post questions and what not on threads and topics that have been discussed many times before. But I searched and only one thread came up on the headlights I want to buy. I have a 96 XJ 4.0 auto. Headlights arent terrible but not great either. I also have a 93 Metro. I bought the ebay headlight for it....cheap. They work pretty good. Very bright. But I dont want that "cheap" look for the Jeep. The Metro is a beater car and I really could care less. The lights are great but depending on what angle you look at them they can blind you somewhat. I guess its because the lense is 100% clear. THe bulbs in the ebay kit blew about two months after I installed them. Since I work at a Toyota shop I just dished out the $30 or so for a pair of Toyota H4 bulbs. Which were brighter and should last a lot longer. But anyways.....I just got my Quadratec Summer mag. Inside I noticed the different head light set ups and conversion kits you can buy. I like the look of the Delta Tech conversion kit. Any one have it? Pictures? hows fitment? YES BUY IT? or NO wasting my money.....I actually have a cracked 4 Runner headlight from work with a projector in it...only one right now. But when I find another I am going to buy the cheap ebay headlights and fab in the projectors and put in HID's. But the chance of another headlight showing up there is slim to none. Plus I will have to custom make everything which will take time. So till then I want some more light output. I dont want to buy the Sylvania headlamps because I want the H4 bulbs that I can swap out. So there is Delt Tech(I like), Rampage(look like ebay kind), and IPF. Both the IPF and Delta Tech conversion H4 headlamps look very nice. But the Rampage look like the ebay kind and I dont want that. So anyone have experience with either the Delta Tech or IPF headlamp upgrades??? Pictures would be awesome but not really needed. Just some info on fitment...light output....and any other info you can give me. Looking to buy very soon.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0L

I have IPF conversions. I've had the eBay conversion sets, and they suck, waste of money. My IPFs are amazing. I had Piaa bulbs in them and they worked great, but then upgraded to an 8k hid set up. The IPF lenses really flood the street with nice distance too. IPF for the win. I think if you stay with delta, IPF of hella conversions you should be good. I think deltas are a little pricey though, just my $.02..
Old 05-26-2011, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0

Sweet. I appreciate your .02 cents. I think I will go with them over the deltas. How's the hids? Not too bright? I'm more worried about blinding people and having them flash me all the time. That and getting pulled over. Cops by me don't like bright lights. They would be legal...6500 hids are the max for pa I believe. But either way I wouldn't care. Just a hassle getting pulled over and harassed by a stupid cop.

Sent from my DROID INCREDIBLE using Cherokee Forum