Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Having starting issues need help quick.please!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 11:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Having starting issues need help quick.please!!!!!!

Hi everyone New to the forum and first time cherokee owner . I recently traded for a 1997 jeep cherokee 4we 4.0 6 cylinders. It ran great until today when it cranked once I.shut it off went to start it back up and it just sat and turned over . I replaced the dist cap. Wires plugs I replaced the CPS sensor and I'm not getting any fuel ,and no spark to the coil . I checked out the PCM which is located on the driver side towards the front headlight when I pulled them and plugged them back in you could hear the relay for the ASD click and that's it. When I turn the key to.the on position you can momentarily hear the fuel pump cut on and then off but if I jump the fuel pump it runs. This is very frustrating because it happens with no notice or indication of something going bad . When the motor was running it did not hesitate or stall or misfire it idles fine now it just won't crank and run it just turns over no spark no fuel do I have a bad PCM? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks