Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Fuel pump reset or ASD?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 10:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Fuel pump reset or ASD?

Hi all, First I've searched everything I can find under the search so if I missed what I need please point me in right direction. I have a 98 Cherokee 2.5L 2dr 5 speed. I've had since brand new. Still all factory stock no upgrades 153,000 miles. This past week some DA decided to turn right out of the center turn lane and hit my drivers side front end. Pushed the header panel over the hood bent the front fender, and broke the headlight, air bags didn't deploy. I couldn't get it started so pulled it home. I'll have to beat back the header panel to get the hood open and I'm waiting on insurance to appraise it before I do that. I know they'll probably total it because of the age, but I'm keeping it one way or another. So this is my query. I keep finding conflicting accounts. Is there a fuel pump reset button? I've seen yes and no. Auto parts stores list a reset button and harness. I've also seen it could be the ASD relay. So is there a reset and if so where is it? If not is it likely the ASD and what do I do when I get the hood open? Just change the relay or is there more to do?
Attached Images