Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Fuel Injector 1

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Fuel Injector 1

Got one for ya folks.

I have a P0201 Injector 1 Control Circuit code on 99 XJ, and definitely running rough. The insulation right at the injector had indeed come off both wires, and wires were shorting together. I re-insulated them, checked for additional insulation gaps (none), cleared codes, disconnected and reconnected battery, but the problem continues and it definitely runs rough. Fuse to fuel pump under the hood is fine...

All of this happened right after I was buttoning up a job putting in a new power steering pump, and had pulled off the idler pulley to straighten a bent tensioning rod. Believe all that is torqued and belt tensioned properly, so probably not related, but figured I'd better mention it. I had also put a new hanger on my exhaust pipe to help it better clear the crossmember, don't think any o2 sensor issues.

Any experiences or help definitely appreciated.

Was running fine prior to power steering pump job outside of leaking steering fluid,.
Old 10-26-2017, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee

Seems similar to this post, mine is also a 99 sport. Could be PCM I guess...

https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f2/fue...oblems-237568/