Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Fog lights ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 02:20 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 high output
Default Fog lights ???

I have a 96 XJ and no fog lights or any cut outs for them.i do on the other hand have a fog light switch.I did look under the bumper and I saw wires on both sides tucked in.do they plug n play into any fog lights are they for fogs lights.And if so which ones fit for that wiring. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Fog lights ???-image-104867448.jpg  
Old 06-14-2014, 02:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your front bumper was probably replaced by a previous owner and the fogs weren't replaced. You have it easy if those are factory connectors. Turn on the switch and check for power with a multi-meter. If you have power you can either find factory lights or cut off the connectors and run the wires to some aftermarket lights.
Old 06-14-2014, 02:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rnmcguire
Your front bumper was probably replaced by a previous owner and the fogs weren't replaced. You have it easy if those are factory connectors. Turn on the switch and check for power with a multi-meter. If you have power you can either find factory lights or cut off the connectors and run the wires to some aftermarket lights.
Ok yeah that's probable what happen.and when I turn on the switch where the little light is doesn't turn on I'll have to pull the switch out to see if it's hooked up.where is the fuse or relay located for this?
Old 06-14-2014, 03:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikeythrash
Ok yeah that's probable what happen.and when I turn on the switch where the little light is doesn't turn on I'll have to pull the switch out to see if it's hooked up.where is the fuse or relay located for this?

The switch has a separate power wire for illumination so it's possible that the bulb is just burned out. Look in you power distribution box under the hood and see if there's a relay in the fog light slot. Also request a factory build sheet to see if your Jeep came with fogs. http://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/j...ull&category=U
Old 06-16-2014, 07:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rnmcguire
The switch has a separate power wire for illumination so it's possible that the bulb is just burned out. Look in you power distribution box under the hood and see if there's a relay in the fog light slot. Also request a factory build sheet to see if your Jeep came with fogs. http://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/j...ull&category=U
Hey I am not sure which slot is for the fog light relay but assuming the switch I have goes to the wires under my bumper.So hopefully if I get fog lights I can already just use the switch for those correct ?