Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

flatbelly?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1993
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default flatbelly?

Im kinda new to this whole forum thing, but im not at all new to the whole jeep scene. I got a cherokee off craigslist a while back that was already lifted and beat to ****. i started to fix a lot and now i am starting to put in a new clutch, tranny, t case, and sye. My first question is i got a ax-15 from a 94 cherokee and another 231 outta a cherokee too. both 23 spline should bolt right up right? no the output shaft on the t case doesnt have enough splines inside it so there is a gap between it and the tranny? other question is that i wanna semi flatbelly my junk, at least clock the t case up some. but the linkage for the t case is in the way. instead of all the stupid linkage, could i just run a tube from the selector on the tcase to a **** inside the cab and just pull up or down on it to simplify things? never seen it done just thought id ask. sorry for the long post, any thoughts? tia
Old 07-29-2010, 09:20 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 97
Engine: 4.0L

NOVAC makes a shifter like what you are talking about. I use one and love it. Not sure how you would go about clocking the t-case unless you can find someone to make a clocking ring. Jeep used 3 different length inputs on t-cases and that's why you have the gap.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:14 AM

Year: 1993
Engine: 4.0

thanks for the info. i just got a new 231 that has the right size output shaft. as for the novak t case shifter, i might buy that or make my own cable shifter seems a lot easier. also, are there any trail rides coming up in ct?