Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Fan problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 05:52 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Fan problems

Ok so I saw people having a few problems with there fans turing on, well so am I. About a week or two ago I had a buddy help me install a over ride switch to the fan so I could turn it on and off when ever I wanted to. Ide seen a few Xjs like that so I thought I would do mine as well. With this switch the fan was still supposed to turn on automatically still, and just let me over ride it. Well its not. Its kicking on my check engine light. So I took it to autozone and they ran the code and said it was the radiator fan relay, so i replaced it and moved over. Well then the other day the check engine light came on again, so I took it back to autozone and had them run it again, once again it was the same relay, so that had me thinking well maybe the over ride switch is blowing the relay, so I kept the wires out of the relay and plugged the new one it. Did this last night, and on my way home today the check engine light comes on again, and the fan once again isent running automatically. My A/C seamed ok I turned it on, It was cool but not as cool as it use to be. Whats the problem here guys? help me out. Thanks
Old 08-14-2009, 07:30 PM

Talking OOOOOvr HEAT !

1st I have a 98 sport w/4.0 4wd......been ther done that....got t-shirt

need 2 know year,cid,a/c? 4wd?.....can help lead u down the path and what I hav seen in the past 15 years w/ these "WONDERFUL" mmunsters !
Old 08-14-2009, 07:53 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by rpmjeep
1st I have a 98 sport w/4.0 4wd......been ther done that....got t-shirt

need 2 know year,cid,a/c? 4wd?.....can help lead u down the path and what I hav seen in the past 15 years w/ these "WONDERFUL" mmunsters !

98 sport, 4.0, a/c, 4wd.