Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Emblem Placement

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 05:01 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L High Output
Default Emblem Placement

Hi Guys!

Been awhile since I've posted. Anyways, I have a question (A very dumb one at that) but, I just noticed something really weird. I was at a Burger King and saw another Jeep that looked exactly like mine, (95, 2D, 5SPD, SE) and I looked at the Back Hatch of it. The back Emblem....I looked at mine and mine is directly under the Wiper. His was about 2 1/2 or 3 Inches downwards of the Wiper...I don't know, it's hard to explain! I'll post a picture and you will notice it immediately. Funny thing is, I just noticed it looking at this strangers Cherokee, randomly!! Could anyone tell me if I'm just being a dumb? I notice every Cherokee I see now, the Jeep Emblem is like 2 Inches below were mine is. I also notice, that we bought it brand new...and it was STILL like that when we got it! Its been driving me insane!! I can't seem to figure out why it's there! Even though EVERY SINGLE 1989-1996 Cherokee has their back Emblem Placement 2 or 3 Inches below were mine is. I know this was long...So now you can laugh at me and call me as nuts as Scrat from Ice Age. Anyways...Thanks for anyone's input!
Attached Images  
Old 05-01-2012, 05:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1994
Engine: 4.0L i6

Ya it's high for some reason. Mine was lower than yours. But I yanked mine and put my own badge. How us wicked clowns roll! WHOOP WHOOP
Attached Images  
Old 05-01-2012, 05:10 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engine: 4.0L High Output

OMG! That picture and Emblem is the best!! Haha, I was just very curious. I saw a CA Highway Patrol Cherokee back in 09 and it had the same Emblem Placement. Maybe I should play, "Bad Boys" Everytime I get on the freeway!! LMFAO!!
Old 05-02-2012, 07:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1994
Engine: 4.0L i6

Originally Posted by TABonifacio
OMG! That picture and Emblem is the best!! Haha, I was just very curious. I saw a CA Highway Patrol Cherokee back in 09 and it had the same Emblem Placement. Maybe I should play, "Bad Boys" Everytime I get on the freeway!! LMFAO!!
Thanks. I always de-badge my cars. Super easy to remove them. Letters are just ones from autozone, 99 cents a letter.