Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Door Adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 06:10 PM
CF Veteran

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0l
Default Door Adjustment

Ok so i finally got some new door pins in my drivers door and wont mention how HARD they were to put in. but anyways i noticed since i have it all put back together after having it like this for atleast 5 years (ik what youre thinking previous owner had it like that) and finally got new pins and bushings and now when i close the door it kinda shuts somewhat loudly like the passenger side closes normally and always has the drivers side you kinda have to slam a bit to fully latch, and i noticed today there is a gap where my door seal is and i can see daylight through so im sure since the door check was utterly demolished by po the hinge kept hitting the door stops and bending the hinge further and further out so how would i put the hinge back in it is a 99 cherokee i seen a video with older jeeps but the newer ones i dont know if it would be different. id just like my seal to atleast get squished so i dont get a pool inside my jeep tho im sure the holes will drain it out as i got no carpets and it has holes here and there but thats besides the point. i tried putting some rope behind the seal to atleast pull it out more but that didnt work so im out of ideas it shuts fine enough for me to use i just want it to seal thats all.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:44 PM

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: I6 Cyl / 4L

On my 1996, I was able to adjust how the door fit to close tighter by loosening the bolts on the door-and-hinge side and making the adjustment for it to close tighter.